Thursday, May 10, 2007

Am I Crazy?

I started this project about a month ago - I had four months until my birthday, and I honestly thought that if I just SAT DOWN AND WROTE that I'd have no problems .... of course, I forgot to take into account social life, work, and housekeeping. But I'm doing better than I thought that I would. I'm at the 5000 word mark, and my story is even making sense! (insert happy cheering here)

But I'm having trouble staying motivated, especially when I can't help but edit edit edit as I write. I'm second-guessing everything that's typed down. I'm starting to second-guess my talent and ability to write. I know that I'm not going to publish the Novel of the Century - at least not any time soon - but it's awfully discouraging to think that I might not even be able to spit out just one short novel!

I shall keep persevering - writing - exposing my self emotionally on paper. Let's see how I do, eh?

No comments: