Tuesday, June 12, 2007

20,000 words

Wahoo! I'm (nearly) at 20,000 words and I'm so excited to be writing again. I've had a pretty crappy couple of days off, when I couldn't sit still long enough to get any writing done. But now I am better! Yay!

My heroine is happy, too. She's off shopping at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. I haven't decided if she's going to buy anything but I certainly couldn't while I was there. And I've decided to hang with the copyright issues. I just want to write for me, to prove to myself that I could write a novel and have it be any good. If I do decide to try to publish it, I'll work out the issues later. This is probably the first that I've written without wondering if other people will like it. I find it really liberating.

I've also noticed that my writing has gotten a little more serious when I'm feeling a little more serious. Maybe I need to consume chocolate before I write .... :)

No comments: